понедельник, 13 февраля 2017 г.

PLANNING THE SPRING GARDEN IN WINTER

PLANNING THE SPRING GARDEN IN WINTER
Collage1-sensible-gardening.jpg

1
Smith Equipment Services -
Expert Land Clearing
Premier Land Excavation Services.
No Job Is Too Big Or Too Small.
Call Us Today!
smithequipmenttx.net

2
Dote - #1 Shopping App, Free
Shipping
Virtual Mall with +2000 brands +
Exclusive Discounts!
doteshopping.com

Once the rush of Christmas and New Years has passed, things tend to settle down and I find myself with more time to think and plan. I’m already thinking about what I want to do in the garden this spring and looking for ways to improve what I do.


Seed and plant catalogs arrive in the mail box to tempt me into trying all sorts of new things. Pencil and paper come out so I can imagine and draw out new garden plans. New and old magazines and books scatter around adding the inspiration to get me going.


Perhaps you want to start a new veggie garden this year, open up a new perennial bed or create a quiet sitting area in your garden this year. The best approach is to get out there and research your idea, ask others questions and share ideas. So, I did just that with my group of garden friends, The Garden Charmers.


I personally love the catalogs. I can spend hours looking through the beautiful pictures and dreaming how it would look in my garden. It can be confusing so I’m sharing my thoughts on how to use catalog shopping to it’s best advantage. Catalog Shopping for Plants


daylily-sensible-gardening.jpg
DAYLILY / SENSIBLE GARDENING AND LIVING

If your planning on growing veggies Jackie from O Garden has some great ideas on how to maximize your crop by using a garden layout that is best suited to your situation.


vegetable-garden-layout-heat-build-up2.jpg

Amy from A Healthy Life for Me shares ideas on when you should start your seeds indoors. Success with seeds has a lot to do with correct timing.


Market-for-vegetable-garden.jpg

Saving your own seeds in the fall is a great way to save money and Barb at Our Fairfield Home & Garden will show you how easy this is to do.


IMG_6364-1024x842.jpg

Tanya from Lovely Greens shares her ideas on permaculture and a few of the trials she encounters with her allotment garden.


allotment-challenges.jpg

Even though most of us are unable to be in our gardens over the winter months there are still many things you can do and enjoy while waiting for the warmer temperatures to return. Shelly from Sow and Dipity has great ideas to get you motivated.


5-things-a-gardener-can-do-until-spring.jpg

Perhaps you plan on being a little adventurous this spring and are looking to start a rooftop garden. Stephanie shares a very informative post on How to Build an Edible Rooftop Garden on Garden Therapy.


fabcbbbeb1a52dbc709c6f68bcef0b1a.jpg

Collage2-sensible-gardening.jpg

Original article and pictures take sensiblegardening.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий