пятница, 14 июля 2017 г.

Super Speedy Fall Decor

Super Speedy Fall Decor

Everywhere I look these past few days I see reminders that fall is right around the corner. Decided to give the porch a little up lift by gathering up odds and ends I had lying around and combining them with my yearly fall planter that Chris brings home every September. Sometimes to pull it off all we need is one good thing to anchor our display. By surrounding it with things you already have you can create a nice welcoming fall display for almost next to nothing.


This is my finished product which I thought looked pretty good. I started by using my old beaten up bench that gets moved around the garden to where ever it’s needed. On it I placed the colouful pot of Mums that Chris brought home this year. He can’t resist them and loves it when they plant different colours together.


fall-decor-sensible-gardening.jpg
Fall Decor / Sensible Gardening and Living

I had these 2 little wooden houses that I keep meaning to do something with. (I’m open to any suggestions) Also my rooster that fell down a few days ago.


fall-decor7-sensible-gardening.jpg
Wood Houses / Sensible Gardening and Living

I gathered up a few pine cones from out back, we have millions of them!


fall-decor3-sensible-gardening.jpg
Pine Cones / Sensible Gardening and Living

Went out to the back field and picked a handful of ripened wild grass for its pretty seed heads.


fall-decor5-sensible-gardening.jpg
Seed Heads / Sensible Gardening and Living

Next I found this tin cup in my tool box that I sometimes use to mix up fertlizer or collect seeds.


fall-decor6-sensible-gardening.jpg
Tin Cup / Sensible Gardening and Living

Sitting by the back door was a basket with my ripened daylily seed heads I’m collecting for my amateur hybridizing program.


fall----decor4-sensible-gardening.jpg
Seed Pods / Sensible Gardening and Living

Put it all together and voila, looks not too shabby. Not to mention it was fun to do. Hope you like it!


fall-decor2-sensible-gardening-jpg
Wooden Houses / Sensible Gardening and Living

Tagged aster, daylily seed, decor, fall, fall aster, fall decor, fall display, pine cones, seed heads


Original article and pictures take sensiblegardening.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий