четверг, 6 июля 2017 г.

Summer Solar Powered Chandelier

Summer Solar Powered Chandelier
Solar Powered Chandelier, Not Just Paper and Glue, Outdoor Lighting, Chandelier, Upcycle, Solar Lighting, DIY
Solar Powered Chandelier {Not Just Paper and Glue}

A few years ago I saw several blogs showing how they took an old, ugly chandelier, and turned it into beautiful lighting for their laundry room.

I immediately started to look for one and then look what I found at the Salvage Store....


Solar Powered Chandelier, Not Just Paper and Glue, Outdoor Lighting, Chandelier, Upcycle, Solar Lighting, DIY
Chandelier BEFORE {Not Just Paper and Glue}

Pretty tacky, huh? Well, I could see a beautiful future for this lighting fixture but soon reality hit me. It wasn't long after I had brought my prized purchase home, when I realized that our home is not in the slightest bit built or decorated for a chandelier.


So, it sat in my craft room gathering dust... until NOW!!!


At the back of our property we have a secluded Picnic Area. With no electricity in this area, we always have issues with lighting, especially in the fall and winter.


Solar Powered Chandelier, Not Just Paper and Glue, Outdoor Lighting, Chandelier, Upcycle, Solar Lighting, DIY, Fire Pit, Picnic Area
He is actually burning some papers. We normally don't have a cookout with a fire this big.


To solve our lighting issues, I dusted off the old chandelier and removed all of the wiring and bulbs.


I then gave it a good coat of Black Spray Paint from Rust-oleum. I love using this stuff because it covers extremely well and is very durable.


Next I handed the project over to my husband....


Solar Powered Chandelier, Not Just Paper and Glue, Outdoor Lighting, Chandelier, Upcycle, Solar Lighting, DIY
Instructions for the Solar Powered Chandelier

  1. Remove the tops of your solar lights and pegs.
  2. Add a good amount of Silicone Caulking to the base of the light (we used Polyseamseal from Loctite from Lowe's Home Improvement)
  3. Place the solar lights on to the light fixture base.
  4. Allow to dry 8 hours or overnight. Make sure that the lights stay level while drying.
  5. Once the caulking is dry, add your solar light tops to the base.
  6. Hang the Chandelier outside to absorb the sun
  7. Invite some friends over that evening to enjoy your new Summertime Solar Powered Chandelier

Solar Powered Chandelier, Not Just Paper and Glue, Outdoor Lighting, Chandelier, Upcycle, Solar Lighting, DIY
Solar Powered Chandelier {Not Just Paper and Glue}

We are in the process of building a new shelter in our picnic area. Once the structure is completed, I will try to remember to come back and give you an update :)


This project is linked to some of these places I visit.


Original article and pictures take www.notjustpaperandglue.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий